Focus Group Transcription Services
99%+ ACCURACY | DATA COMPLIANT | PERSONAL SERVICE
Looking for accurate transcription of who said what in your focus group recordings? Way With Words focus group transcription services provide an accurate text record of speakers and what they discussed so that you can easily capture the information you require for your further analysis.
ALL FOCUS GROUP MEDIA
- AUDIO FOCUS GROUP TRANSCRIPTION: All English accents or dialects transcribed. Any audio focus group recordings accepted.
- VIDEO FOCUS GROUP TRANSCRIPTION: English audio and on-screen descriptions. TV, films, and webinar focus group recordings, as well as video.
- CUSTOM FOCUS GROUP TRANSCRIPTION: Bespoke solutions for English focus group transcription available. New partnerships.
HOW WILL MY TRANSCRIPT LOOK?
We can provide custom transcripts on request.
FOCUS GROUP TRANSCRIPTION SERVICES
One treat to our clients is that, unlike most focus group transcription services, we do not have sliding scale costs that rise in accordance with the number of speakers in your focus group audio. Way With Words has one single, an up-front rate that applies for all your audio or video recordings of focus groups – be it two or more speakers. So whether you need a one-on-one interview transcribed or a focus group with a moderator and 17 participants discussing the merits of your service or product, the rate per audio minute will be the same.
Similarly, we do not increase our focus group transcription services rates for difficult audio, whether that means many focus group respondents speaking all at once, or a mix of varied accents, or the moderator standing near to the mic with the participants far from the mic and sounding soft and distant – we simply do the very best we can with the audio you submit to us (read more about our recording tips here).
QUICK TIPS: RECORDING FOCUS GROUPS
Here are some quick tips to ensure you have the best possible recording quality.
Improve your focus group transcription by doing the following:
- Test your recording device prior to the focus group.
- Check that there are no background noises which might interfere with the focus group discussions.
- Be certain that the recording device can pick up all the respondents’ voices. Those who are far from the mic will sound faint and distant and words often get lost.
- If only the words matter, we are happy to identify the moderator as M and all the participants as P. We can also use MP for male participate and FP for a female participant.
It is good practice to have all respondents clearly introduce themselves the first time they speak. Ideally, they should continue to state their first name each time they wish to speak and make a comment. Otherwise, our transcribers will do their best to differentiate between the speech of the various respondents and attribute the words to the correct speaker – not always an easy task, particularly if all the speakers are the same sex and from the same region of the world, all discussing the same topic!
Please ask your participants to avoid speaking over one another, interrupting and cutting each other off. This will minimize the instances of [unclear] and [overtalking] that the transcriber would need to insert.
If you follow these three tips then your focus group recording and transcript will be perfect!